Thursday, April 06, 2006

Those were the days...

With just over a month let in Grand Falls-Windsor I’ve started to think about all the good times I’ve had here. With this there are several places around town that always equated fun and are the sorts of places that will always remind me of growing up;

· The hill behind Steve Connors house where we used to go sliding
· The bank of the Exploits River that me, Ween and Bursey scaled and almost killed ourselves on 14 times in one afternoon
· The Rock. The bar in that building may always suck, but its where my first bar was
· The G spot behind the hospital where we used to go skateboarding, I guess Sobeys’ parking lot falls in there too
· The field next to Bern Sweeney’s Irving where we used to play football
· Lind Avenue Playground, way too many good times to list
· NDA, enough said
· Joe Byrne Memorial Stadium, I played a lot of hockey there, and watched a lot of Jones’ Shield games there
· Louis John Hill, underage drinking and a summer being paid to hang out up there
· Goudie’s basement, where
Our Mom’s Say We’re Cool started
· Junction Road, where I honed my street hockey goaltending skills
· EV Mall, being a mallrat at 13 was always a good way to kill a Saturday
· Goodyear Avenue ball fields broken nose, sprained ankle, and a bit of baseball
· Centennial Field, being a kid and having
Great Big Sea practically baby-sit you during the Salmon Festival is definitely list worthy
· The Arts & Culture Center, too many plays and music festivals to count
· My Pops old apartment
· The basement of my house on Goodyear Avenue, this needs no explanation

There you go. The top 15 or so locations around Grand Falls-Windsor that define who I am. I’m going to miss them, but not enough to come back all that often.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm just gonna assume that if there was a #18, my house would be it.

Anonymous said...

And I am also gonna assume you forgot MY basement where we watched one of your favorite movies!

;)

B