Sunday, April 02, 2006

Byrne, Soup, and I all fail to suit up.

Last night I was presented with two options for the night. I could either stay at home and study* or go out and get drunk. I had some variables to consider in my equation, such as funding, night/bar preference, and chance that the Cataracts would win in Deer Lake, meaning I would have to DJ at their game tonight and drink for free.

I decided to take my chances that they would lose and go out Friday. Mainly because I like Kelly's, but also because there was going to be something at Mingles tonight I really wanted to avoid. So I call up Soup and Byrne, tell them to suit up, knowing full well they, nor I, would actually suit up, and we head over to Soup's around 9.

After consuming a fair number of beverages of an alcoholic nature me and Byrne leave Soup and head over to Kelly's, complete with a couple pocket rockets for the 5 minute walk. Unsurprisingly, we're met by a group of people at the door anxiously awaiting entry. So we wait, and after several minutes, Byrne says fuck it and goes to JimiJaks, something I outright refuse, knowing that I'm next in line to get in. The funny thing is, dude is just out of sight when the door opens up and I get let in.

Kelly's proves to be worth the wait. I continue my drinking and at about 3 the lights come on as the Cataracts walk in after losing to Deer Lake 7-2 meaning I have tonight off, and I go to walk home, but am called back to jump into a cab and head to a party. This party winds up being me, two other guys, and two women going to one of their houses and drinking Old Sam, so after about an hour of this I decide to head home.

But on my way I text Cater regarding some necessary dodginess.

Moral of the story: Cell phones should be like cars, once your blood alcohol level gets so high you shouldn't be allowed to use them.

* This blogs definition of the word study is watching TV and talking online while there is a textbook open in the room.

No comments: