Thursday, April 13, 2006

Cut the blue wire!

Ok, you know when you're watching an action movie, and as MacLean, or Riggs, or MacGyver is tinkering with a bomb trying to diffuse it theres always that countdown. And you know how they always cut the blue wire and the countdown jumps from 20 minutes to like 15 seconds?

Last night, I cut the blue wire.

The plan was this. In May, a play I did last year called Broken Hearts and Broken Homes was going to be filming on the 19 and 20, and I was going to be getting $900 for this. Then I was going to move my stuff out to St. John's on the 21, fly to Ottawa for a week on the 22, and then start the rest of my life on the 28. Sounded good right?

Last night I got word that the play was cancelled. So now I was losing $900 that I was counting on for moving and stuff. I spent the next hour trying to figure out what the hell I was going to do. I mean, I knew I was going to have to get a job along with doing the play, but how was I going to get something decent enough to make up for the play money if I was leaving in a month? Thats when it was decided that instead of leaving in a month, I would leave in a week.

It only makes sense right? Rather than spend a month in GF-W working a crappy job and then quitting, moving to town and having to find another job, I would just move straight to St. John's and cut out the crappy GF-W job hunt.

Either way, now that the blue wire is cut I'm going to be spending the next week or so scrambling to get my shit together, and getting everything lined up. As of right now, I don't know if my apartment is going to be ready or if I'm going to have to try to get my cousin Mike to let me crash on his couch in Outer Cove. But if I have learned anything from Die Hard, Leathal Weapon, and MacGyver its that even when the blue wire is cut and the countdown jumps, things always work out at the last second.

...then again, they probably don't make the movies about the bombs that blow up.

No comments: