Wednesday, April 05, 2006

How Geek Night saved my life

So for some time now my friends and I have been pondering a question that reminds us of the proverbial "chicken or the egg" quandry.

Whats lamer? The fact that three of my best friends spend every Monday night religiously playing Dungeons and Dragons, or that I have nothing to do on Monday because three of my best friends are playing Dungeons and Dragons?

Lame or not, this past Monday, Geek Night saved me from myself.

As you may be aware by now, this is exam week at my beloved College of the North Atlantic, my last exam week actually, yet despite the fact that I've had a brutal semester studying is something I can't bring myself to do as much as I should. In fact, when Monday night rolled around I called Soup to go get a coffee or something, to which he reminded me it was Geek Night.

Now normally, I play hockey on Monday nights , so I forgot about Geek Night, but when Soup reminded me I was kind of greatful, because it meant I had nothing to do, so I stayed home and studied for my OB exam, something I really needed to do.

Thank you, Geek Night.

PS. Guys, if you could bust out some D&D tonight when I'm supposed to be studying accounting, that'd be super.

No comments: