Monday, April 10, 2006

Neil Patrick Harris is a visionary!

It's Sunday night, well, Monday morning, I'm sure this time, and I can't sleep. This isn't reassuring since my final final is only 7 hours away. Maybe it's excitement, but either way, I can't sleep.

I almost started venting about how all this stuff is changing in my life and how weird I find everything, but instead ... instead I'm here typing full paragraphs on different topics and then deleting them. But it made me think of something kind of cool.

If you look to the right you'll see the link to
Barney's Blog which is the blog for Neil Patrick Harris' character on How I Met Your Mother. Don't ask how I found it, but it's one of the funniest sites ever and to an extent it was kind of what got this blog started. But when typing I started to remember how when he was on Doogie Howser MD every episode would end with Doogie typing in his journal that he kept on his computer. It got me thinking and I realized that Neil Patrick Harris invented blogging.

So not only was he a child genious who became an MD at like 12, an E-tard that stole Harolds car and did coke off a stripper's ass, and the funniest womanizer in the history of television, Neil Patrick Harris is also an innovator in how the world communicates.

Wild huh?

2 comments:

Dennis said...

No man, he kept a journal, but it wasn't posted on the web, which is a rather significant requirement in "web-logging," n'est-ce pas?!

Mike said...

I agree with you Ricey, to an extent. Sure his journal wasn't online. But was much online in 1991? I look at it like this, he wrote in his journal on episodic basis, noting anything he found to be of substance in his computer, this was then shared with anyone interested. Sure the medium was different, but I still see it as the prototype for the web-log.