Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back to life, back to reality...sort of

So my summer in Trinity is over.

After 3 months of make beleive it's time to try to actually enter society, and I think I'm expected to make a contribution or something. This is kind of freaking me out.

I opted out of going back to school and decided that I want to take some time to explore the whole arts thing. You know, playing music, acting, writing and all that crap. Luckily I still have a college diploma to help me out with finding a day job. Got to pay the bills you know.

This summer was fantastic though. I met and worked with lots of great and talented people in some great shows. I was a soldier, a sailor, a pirate, and a tourist just to name a few. I didn't say much mind you, but I was there.

But the combination of the work I was doing and how much I'm enjoying the whole blogging thing has reinstilled a love for writing I forgot I had, and I've gotten full swing into it again. I started working on a play, I've written a monologue, and I did a sketch that unfortunately got cut for time, but I still wrote it. I also have a couple more ideas kicking around that will hopefully see a page before too long.

The last couple days of the summer were a bit rough and I was a bit rushed leaving, but that was my own fault. You can't dwell on the shitty stuff and have it ruin an otherwise good time. That's a concept the summer also solidified for me.

All that said I'm back to places where I can access the internet without having to walk 45 minutes to use dail up on a library that's never actually open, so I'll be back blogging more. Giving you, my adoring readers, a brief escape to the asinine every other day or so.

No comments: