Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Standing on a Soapbox: As linked on the Snowy Driveway

I don't want to spread my creative genius too thin, but I've got a MySpace.

It was something I started back in January. New Year's Day to be exact. Which I think gives me a valid excuse, I was in pretty rough shape that day, and a MySpace seemed like a good idea. But it only seemed like a good idea for that one day, because the next time I posted in it was to inform the 3 "friends" I had in my network that I had started this blog.

Over the summer I stumbled onto the spaces of some people I knew and worked with and decided to give it another shot. So far I've added a bunch of friends, some pictures, and have written 2 blog entries. One saying I was going to try to update it more, and another one of excuses why I haven't.

I've done the usual things in terms of "friend" additions on MySpace. I added people I know, and a couple of my favorite bands. In doing so I also stumbled upon Himynameismark, Mark Hoppus (formerly of blink 182, currently of +44), and I added him. I felt kind of stupid in doing so, because it's not as though he's actually a friend of mine, and despite having access to message him and stuff now, I doubt I'll ever converse with the guy in any way, shape, or form. I just added him because the remnants of the poppunk skater kid I was in high school made me out of nostalgia.

But I also started surfing through other peoples "friends" networks and found other celebrities part of me really wanted to add, just for the sake of being able to. But I didn't because even I thought it would be stupid. It's not as though these celebrities are your actual friends, and it doesn't make you any cooler just because Paulie Shore is in your top 8. Ok, bad example, even if he was your friend it wouldn't make you cool. Lets say...Vince Vaughn*. He's cool.

I was thinking about posting this blog entry on my MySpace instead of this, but to be honest, I don't like it that much. I will however post a bulletin so all my "friends" will come here and read it.

*I was stuck for the name of a legitimately cool celebrity, so thanks to my roommate Dennis for coming up with Vince Vaughn.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

I wish I was Vince Vaughn, he's so money. (Sorry, that's before your time. I mean he's a brave and a decent man.)