Friday, June 16, 2006

If I had a friend named Kumar trying to get to Wendy's would probably have been funnier.

So I wrote about how much I love the bus way too soon. Today I had the worst Metrobus day ever, but I figure I jinxed myself.

It starts off when I have to try to get to the back of the friggin' Pearl to pick up a package from DHL because I kept missing the delivery guy. I get on the Route 1, which is supposed to take me to the Village so I can transfer to the 22 and get out to Donovan's (keeping in mind I'm still going to have to walk a good chunk of the way cause not even the bus goes to Clyde Ave). Either way, I catch the 1 at the UC, but its the wrong frigging number 1 and I missed my transfer by about a half hour, and now can't get to DHL because catching the next 22 would be too late.

I should highlight at this point that the "scary bus people" apparently like the Village Mall, because I have never seen so many freaky, creepy people as on the Route 1. And I know, because I had to take the frigging thing twice today. Thats right, the way home came via Route 1 as well. However, again, the route 1 I took was the wrong one, so after getting on it at the Village, it brought me all the way through Cowen Heights and then back to the effing Village!

2 hours later I got home and was starving, and deciding that since I'm leaving town for Trinity tonight, I'd get me some Wendy's. So I head to the UC to catch the Route 3 to the Avalon. I know, I'm a lazy bastard. I get there early and sit on a bench to wait for the bus, which of course is late, and doesn't even give me time to get outside before taking off again. At this point I'm beyond pissed off. I leave to go home and sulk/bitch when I realize the 4 will stop in front of the Arts building any second so I grab that and go get my Wendy's.

It was some good Wendy's.

I want it to be clear I don't blame Metrobus for my shitty day. It was my fault I kept getting on the wrong frigging Route 1, and well...ok, the driver at the UC who left without me is a dick. But either way, that's my first bad bus experience. I'll keep you guy's posted as I'm sure you're concerned.

Oh yeah, like I said, I'm leaving for Trinity in like...26 minutes, so I won't be posting for a bit, try not to miss me too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Effing told ya they suck!

I know your arguments for metrobus, as posted in your last blog, but if other cities can run an efficient, timely and effective service what's St John's excuse?

Anyway now you are experiencing the frustration that every other PAYING customer is having. Oh yeah did I mention we are paying for this God awful service?