Thursday, October 12, 2006

And it begins...

I was starting to get the shakes. After playing 5 nights a week last winter I haven't played hockey since June, and I've been going nuts. But today I went in to the MUNSU office to say hi to some people and was informed of a potential game for tonight. I followed up on it and sure enough I've got a game tonight. I'm officially psyched beyond repair.

Now, don't get me wrong. I suck at hockey. I only played my two years peewee and quit. Then when I started college three years ago they had a rec team so I bought some gear and started playing again. By last year I was skating at least five nights a week, and loving every minute of it. I had a weekly game lined up for the summer, and should have been playing whenever I got back in town, but by the time Monday night rolled around I was just way too tired to play hockey. But now I've got this skate lined up and hopefully it can become a weekly thing.

The Sunday Knights started up in Grand Falls Sunday night and I sadly wasn't there for it. It was really bummed out I missed it but luckily I found a game that while I'm sure won't live up to the glory of the Knights, or Vipers (my rec league team) I'll at least get to keep at it.

Oh yeah, that picture is me last year playing for the college team. Note the "C" on my chest. Yeah, we were that hard up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,

we've been on the ice twice already, and just to let you know, we have back to back wins. Oh yeah, The Vipers are no more. We are now known as The Rink Rats.

Mayne