Friday, February 09, 2007

Apples vs Oranges

Here's something I wrote a while back but never bothered to post:

For years I’ve heard people say that trying to compare two different things was like “apples and oranges” as though those things were so different it was therefore impossible to pick between them.

I say fuck that, they’re fruit. You can pick you favorite fruit. Mine is Nathan Lane

But back to apples and oranges. I prefer oranges personally, but I still appreciate the need for the apple. Here’s why: oranges taste better, they make better juice, and people…one word…creamsicle. But apples are great in they’re own right. I mean, apples have the whole green apple flavor thing going for them, which is nice, and of course, the saving grace of the apple; mobility.

Oranges are great, but they need to be peeled or cut into halves or quarters. Apples you can have straight out of the crisper, no need for utensils. Simple.

So to summarize; if I’m just chilling out in my apartment, or having breakfast, or whatever I’ll go for an orange, but if I’m running late and need to eat on the move. It’s apples all the way.

By the way, I still stand firm on having orange juice IN cereal. I’m telling you, frosted flakes and OJ hits the spot.

* I know that’s offensive, but a) its funny, b) the Producers kicks ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was fantastic and I totally agree.
Funny and true~